On 18 March 2013 Patient Safety First, with the support of key partners, hosted the second annual Nutrition and Hydration Week to reinforce and focus energy, activity and engagement on nutrition and hydration as an important part of patient safety improvement.
During the week series of informative and interactive webinar sessions were held a number of simple activities were promoted to take part in that were designed to support patient safety improvement around nutrition and hydration, including a patient safety pledge.
Caroline Lecko spent the day with colleagues at Lincolnshire Community Health Services to see what they were doing for NHW2013
Click here to read her blog about that day.
Listen to recordings of any of these webinar sessions which took place during NHW2013
- Patient Safety - combined risk assessment
Hosted by: Ian Coe. [Watch online]
- Don't let them die of AKI (acute kidney injury)
Hosted by: Prof. Donal O'Donoghue. [Watch online]
- Recognising and treating AKI and recording fluid charts accurately
Hosted by: Andrew Seaton. [Watch online]
- What’s on the menu at the global village? Introduction to the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative
Hosted by: Julie Cichero. [Watch online]
- Eat well - Derbyshire County Council’s campaign to tackle malnutrition in older people
Hosted by: Lynwen Davison. [Watch online]
These activities are designed to involve minimal preparation and should not been seen as a new project. They are very simple actions that anyone can quickly get involved in and most importantly should help to support and build on improvement work that you are already doing.
Click on the following images to download high resolution PDF format posters to print locally.